Friday, February 09, 2007

Survival Slighly Overestimated

Ok. While I am for sure on the road to better I am still sick. I was able to make it all the way through the nightly number two tonight without falling off the seat... Hear that ladies, almost fourty and pretty regular, what more could you want in a guy? I am still not at 100%.. Hopefully I can kick this thing soon..

On to headline news.. Is Anna Nicole Smith dieing "Tragic"? I mean would she be any other crack hoe dead on a winters night in Chicago if she didn't strip for playboy, have a nice body, and marry some old fart? No. Her life unfortunately is pretty damn common. We all succumb to our demons at different levels and while it is sad that her life swallowed her up it is not exactly tragic. Tragic is me being a break even poker player.

I was following that story of the parents who over-medicated their child and the little one died. So a two year old.. is on Bi-Polar medicine.. ummm.. ya.. Hello America.. it is NORMAL for KIDS to be SPAZZZEZ! You can not have drugs be the baby sitter. While making your kid a zombie seems like a good idea it IS NOT! Why the fuck is the whole medical system that would prescribe medication like that to a two year old not on trial? The parents were giving the medicine on order of the doctor, right? People like Ick and Raz make me sick!! heh. Just kidding guys. Seriously though if a drug is not tested for children I doubt it should be given out.

Some poker content for a change. I entered a HA MTT today. Why? Cause I suck a Poker. HA! HA! Seriously though I played one hand super aggressive and not sure if I should have or not. For those of you who do not know HA is Hold-Em OmahA high only.. no Eight.. Ok. Here is the sitch. I am 3rd in chips.. Blinds relatively low. Four spots pay. I limp into a pot and have AQ of clubs with some other garbage. I flop the nut gutshot draw and a nut flush draw. Nice flop. First to act bumps it 1500.. I am hoping he has a hand like KJ two pair.. I cold call and the dude behind me bumps it to 3K.. Now I am down to 4200 chips and still in the top six or so if I fold. If I push I have a chance to have twice the amount of chips as the current chip leader assuming everyone calls. So I push. The turn and river let me down. I was up against a set of Jacks and Sevens. The blinds at the time were something like 300.. So not too bad. So did I overplay my hand in order to try and get a strangle hold on the money? What would you Omatard players have done? Ok.. you HE special needs kids can answer too.

Almost forgot.. get a fracking trim you donkey... You look like this guy for christ sakes.





Beards and geeky ex-Trekker do NOT go together.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

I know I know - I'm obsessed with the Anna Nicole thing and so is most of the country. I have no idea why.

I hope you are feeling better today cutie.

10:39 AM

 
Blogger bayne_s said...

Waffles,

Omaha wise if you also have the Ten you push.

Nut flush draw + single-ended straight draw against what you know is almost certainly top 2 or set you are not going to see a fold. You would not be the 1st nor will you be the last to push the flush draw there but holding the ten there as well would give you another 9 outs to justify push.

2:40 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

The odds say I am 34% vs 43% vs 5%.. So I am basically a coin flip away from winning the whole thing.. yet, I have time to wait.. so Interesting hand.. surprised nobody has an opinion on the right move.

3:14 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

If you like the flipping unneccessary coins, push.

Otherwise assume you're up against a set and wait for a better spot.

The only draw you should take to the house versus a known set is a wrap-around straight draw (all four cards working) with a flush possiblities.

7:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home