Thursday, May 17, 2007

Clueless

Sometimes I think that the attitude that Woffles has that makes him so entertaining to read will also be his biggest obstacle in getting to a place where his game is solid and secure from bankroll tilting. If you can't look at your own game and improve upon yourself, then are you are destined to continue the same cycle of building a bankroll and losing a bankroll? - High On Himself


Go read the response in his blog if you want. I will say I am glad everyone buys into the rhetoric. For the people who know me.. and they are very successful players.. they know what I am all about. If there is one thing I do all the time it is deeply think about all things poker and specifically my game. I am always looking to change up my game and figure out new styles of play. Putting on some LAG clothes for a while to see how they work, playing tightie whitie.. seeing what parts of a good players game are worth emulating.. figuring out how all the different types of players work. Being able to change up my game from hand to hand or orbit to orbit. I may seem like a shallow player to my readers perhaps but nothing could be further from the truth.

I will also say that a player who has won what, 2K, in his poker career should not be looking down on anyone. I always talk about my losing games and hands and bustouts because they are more interesting.. I have not done superstar things like some of the other players like Wes, DoubleAs, Don, Scotty, Lucko, and whoever else has earned good money over a long period of time.. but neither have you. I have a positive cash flow in poker and while I would not call myself successful yet because I do not have as low standards as you do I am far from a losing player. I know for a fact I will get there because I have the work ethic, raw talent, and ability to see things from all angels that will make me succeed. I have the drive and determination and nothing can stop me. So keep it coming haters cause I sure as hell will.

7 Comments:

Blogger Fuel55 said...

I bow to thee. Your continued exposure of your soul (good or bad) is a bright light in the poker blogger world.

9:05 AM

 
Blogger KajaPoker said...

I likes you cause you tell it like it is. You show them what you're made of Waffles! Eggs, flour, etc...

9:06 AM

 
Blogger DuggleBogey said...

Nobody hates you because of how well you play poker or how poorly you play.

Nobody hates you because of your success in poker, or your lack of success in poker.

If anybody seems to hate you, it's because you lose a hand you take the attitude that your opponent played like a moron, even when it's not the case.

If anybody seems to hate you, it's because you critically analyze the hands they played, yet cannot accept the criticism of the way you played that hand.

Barely anybody likes to be called a moron. You call people morons on a regular basis. Are you surprised that people take issue with that?

Nobody hates you Waffles. You just jump all over peoples nerves from time to time.

11:39 AM

 
Blogger Mike Maloney said...

That's not true, Wawfuls, everyone hates you.

12:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dugglebogey... just once, can you PLEASE write a grammatically incorrect statement in a comment, and furthermore not capitalize ANY letters in said comment?? a.k.a. Take a chill pill, bro ..

This blog is great.

12:48 PM

 
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

FWIW I recall Jordan writing in a previous post that he believes us "ranters" deprive ourselves of the ability to self-analyze our plays just because we post a rant about a bad play someone else made. I tried briefly to disabuse Jordan of that notion but for whatever reason I think he wants to believe that ranting on one's blog means the ranter is closed-minded about his or her poker play. Of course that is not at all accurate but for whatever reason that is what Jordan believes and I think what he was getting at in that comment to you.

All joking aside, one of your (few) strengths at poker I think is your ability if not willingness to openly analyze your play and try to adjust your game to achieve more optimal results. I would say just over the past few months even that your game has changed in a way that I imagine is the result of some serious self-analysis. And learning from me, of course.

Nice posting lately, keep up the good work.

1:21 PM

 
Blogger Jordan said...

I'm happy this was posted at a time when I was already off to Vegas. I'm over it. You are still a little cocksucker, though, but I'm sure you wouldn't have it any other way.

8:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home