Wednesday, October 10, 2007

God Hates Me

SirFWALGMan: why cant i get lucky late in mtts
SirFWALGMan: lol
SirFWALGMan: just have one 70-80%;er hold up
ScottMc: because god hates you man didnt you get the memo?
SirFWALGMan: lol
SirFWALGMan: ya
SirFWALGMan: i forgot

I tried the Mookie out again this week. Mookie wonders why I want to gouge his eyes out for starting this fucking tourney. Same ole ass reaming. Remember last week when I had a nice stack and Bayne the Donkasaurus outdraws my AK with AT.. then Ruckbox finishes me off with Q7 vs QT.. Fucker..

This week did not get any better.. As I was deep.. with a 5K stack and looked down to see 88.. So I call an ep bet with the pair trying to see a flop. The flop comes 467. Jammyhawk umm.. jams.. for basically my whole stack.. The original EP raiser folds.. So I think my eights are actually good. I have CK left to act behind me.. but I know she just called because the pot odds were damn good.. So she folds.. and my opponent turns over 75 for the TPSK OESD.

Now I will not fault DonkeyHawk for putting a 5K bet down here.. It represented about 1/3 his stack. I do think it was somewhat idiotic with the EP guy left to act afterwards as well as two others. Now CK and I would only have dented his stack.. the EP player had his ass covered.. and would he have called with his draw if jammed for all his chips? We may never know.. but assuming he is not a total donkey (big assumption here) I would think he could let that hand go if it is for all his chips and then where is he? Lost 1/3 of his stack on a bad semi-bluff. I think if he KNEW it was going to be HU with me and had TP and the draw it is an ok move..

Anyway.. we all know how this story ends.. What is the most painful card you can think of? His straight outs were 8.. so the most pain would be catching a third seven.. which came on the turn.. CK could not stand to be without me so she went out on basically the next hand.

It is hard to keep getting your money in as a 70-80 favorite late in these things and losing but that is the essence of what makes a good MTT player ..bah.. fucking poker..

6 Comments:

Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

I feel ya on the suckoutage at the Mook man, believe me. But top pair on a raggy flop plus an oesd? That's a pretty obvious betting situation in my opinion in mostly any mtt. If anything I probably would have checkraised allin if it made sense with a big hand and a big draw like that. Cannot fault him for making that bet I don't think no matter what.

Sorry to hear about your troubles man. At least you got to be top donkey for one week in this thing, right? I'm just too good to ever even one time win the Mookie it seems.

8:27 AM

 
Blogger KajaPoker said...

Jamy loves that move. Multiple players, from the blinds, raggy flop = jam. He did the same thing to me and I had to fold AKs from the button.

8:55 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

ummm.. Last year maybe.. fucking Mookie bastard..

I think I said in my post that his play was not horrible.. except for the fact he was covered by the guy who raised pre-flop.. I am not sure if I want to get all my chips in as a dog on that flop late in an MTT with essentially an OESD...

If he is up against AA/KK from the original raiser ok.. he is a 40-60 dog.. Do you want to go out deep like that with a nice stack? Maybe? I do not think so. Against me he was actually a 30-70 dog since our outs matched so closely..

If we were HU for sure.. and he did not have 3 people left to act.. and at least 1 person had him covered then I like the big bet there.. as it was I think it was iffy..

8:59 AM

 
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Only thing is, it's not "just an oesd". It's top pair and an oesd. Big, huge difference. Yes if he knows he's up against an overpair then you might not want to push too hard of course, but given the circumstances TPOESD is a very hard hand to justify not pushing with in my book.

And be honest Waffles, how many of those Carmen proposals were from you?

2:29 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I do not have to propose to Carmen Hoy.. She and I have an honest love that transcends words. Hey that sounded pretty good.

3:20 PM

 
Blogger jamyhawk said...

I am a donkey. And yes, Kaja knows I love that move. I want you to fold, fold, fold. I don't remember what the original raiser had, but I am sure I read it as a steal attempt, and my move was a re-steal. I did not put anyone on an overpair, and with a ragged flop like that, I figured I was ahead.

Lucky for me, the poker gods hate you. I'll have to remember that for this week's Mook.

7:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home