Monday, April 07, 2008

BamBamCant

First off before I get to the hand with BamBam I will say I got totally fucked out of the Monday at the Hoyazo. I mean ok, I would not have BEEN in a position to get fucked if I did not put a nasty hurt on Evy. What are the chances I am behind three hands in a row with Evy though? Gah! She got me good. I also made a really dumb play against Smokkee. With eighteen left though I have about 15 blinds and some dickhead friend of Sucko's raises with AQ for the umpteenth time. I look down and jam AK. It is around 4k for him to call and he has a 24K stack.. So while it is a big call it is in no way huge. Anyway. My AK is WYAYYYYYYYAAYAYAYAYA ahead of his AQ. Until the Qxx two of my suit flop then with 12 outs 2x over I am slightly behind. I never catch up. Would have been nice to have a top ten stack with 18 left. Oh well. I swear everyone likes being dominated. It is retarded.

Anyway I made my share of retarded plays so I guess it all evens out in the long run. I do not think my play against BamBam was retarded however. Only because I could put him on an exact hand and if my hand hit it was well disguised (apparently).

Full Tilt Poker Game #5947064657: Mondays at the Hoy (45101230), Table 11 - 25/50 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:25:44 ET - 2008/04/07
Seat 1: ScottMc (566)
Seat 2: PokerBrian322 (9,175)
Seat 3: Murfeeslaw (4,120)
Seat 4: BamBamCan (4,239)
Seat 5: SirFWALGMan (4,160)
Seat 6: zackklemm (5,270)
PokerBrian322 posts the small blind of 25
Murfeeslaw posts the big blind of 50
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SirFWALGMan [9c Tc]
Evy35 (Observer): i saw that waffles....it makes you much too boring lol j/k
BamBamCan raises to 100
SirFWALGMan calls 100
SirFWALGMan: lol
zackklemm folds
ScottMc folds
SirFWALGMan: MRMBJC Bam <===== Min Raises make baby jesus cry Bam that is NOT nice
PokerBrian322 calls 75
Murfeeslaw calls 50
*** FLOP *** [Jc 7s 4d] <===== Gutshot draw my specialty!
PokerBrian322 checks
Evy35 (Observer): how's the song go...
Murfeeslaw checks
BamBamCan bets 400 <==== Good bet my friend.
Evy35 (Observer): 'i love you just the way you areeeeeee"
SirFWALGMan calls 400 <==== I call because I feel it and if I hit I can double.
PokerBrian322 folds
Murfeeslaw folds
*** TURN *** [Jc 7s 4d] [8c]
BamBamCan bets 1,200
SirFWALGMan raises to 3,660, and is all in <==== Boom. Sucko says this is bad but it works a lot!
BamBamCan calls 2,460 <==== Suckah!
SirFWALGMan shows [9c Tc]
BamBamCan shows [As Ac]
*** RIVER *** [Jc 7s 4d 8c] [5s]
SirFWALGMan shows a straight, Jack high
BamBamCan shows a pair of Aces
SirFWALGMan wins the pot (8,520) with a straight, Jack high
SirFWALGMan: gg
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 8,520 | Rake 0
Board: [Jc 7s 4d 8c 5s]
Seat 1: ScottMc (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: PokerBrian322 (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 3: Murfeeslaw (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 4: BamBamCan showed [As Ac] and lost with a pair of Aces
Seat 5: SirFWALGMan showed [9c Tc] and won (8,520) with a straight, Jack high
Seat 6: zackklemm didn't bet (folded)


Tough hand for Bam there honestly. When he leads the turn for 1200 he is just mine. If you are a MATH nerd like Bayne you have to call here. If you are an intuitive player you can fold knowing your pair is beat. I am not sure which is the right move in the long run. Comments?

9 Comments:

Blogger lucko said...

Nope, your wrong. Its retarded.

Even if he turned over his cards and showed you Aces and told you he wouldn't fold the turn, its stil a terrible call. Its a call that just isn't be profitable long term. Occasionally you will hit, 92% of the time you are just spewing chips tho.

7:40 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

How come I always hit my gutshots and get paid and you say I will never hit them? I think you underestimate the anti-Waffles factor that causes me to have terrible luck on everything except gutshot straight draws. BOOOM!

7:44 AM

 
Blogger BamBam said...

Would be great if you could come out once in a while Waffles. Our Monday night games are NLHE at 7:00 and HORSE at 8:00.

P/W for both is Donkey. (what else?)

7:48 AM

 
Blogger AlCantHang said...

And people still keep backing you

7:51 AM

 
Blogger lucko said...

I never said you will never hit them. I just said that in two hands you called with horrible implied odds and won't hit them often enough to make your calls profitable.

We don't get to see all the hands you spew call, miss and fold in these spots.

8:31 AM

 
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

You can't really justify calling 400 into a pot that I believe had 275 + 400 = 675 with just the gutshot, right? Calling 400 into 675 with 4 outs on the next card? This silliness about you just "knowing you could get paid if you hit your card" is just code for "you made a truly bad play given the odds".

I'm just sayin.

8:39 AM

 
Blogger RaisingCayne said...

While I understand the rationale; "because I feel it, and if I hit I double." Lucko's very right regarding this being a massively -EV play! Even your being able to double up on the rare occurrences where you do hit your gutshot won't make up for the vast majority of time this call is simple spewage. Very poor play. Not just the call, but the push on the turn too! After lucking your way to hitting your 4-outer on the turn you give BamBam every opportunity to fold his overpair despite your holding the NUTZ, AND having an OESFD.!? I'm confused by the logic here. Holding the absolute best hand here, the last thing you wanna do is give villan the chance to get away from his holding. You admit that an intuitive player could make that lay down... then why did you give the opportunity? Can't imagine ANY card that could possibly show up on the river that could scare you. I guess I understand the intent of getting all the money in the middle, but it just appears that a smooth call post turn would increase these chances considerably. (Unless somehow you're positive villain's not folding there.)

Anyway, pardon my critique! I mean no offense, just my two cents. Good luck going forward...

8:45 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Hoyazo - Your just jealous because you can not hit YOUR gutshot draw.

Cayne - I keep hearing this rational but I keep getting called. Willing to change my opinion when a single fucking blogger finds the fold button.. fuck that.. when I single fucking person playing a 10$ MTT finds the fucking fold button. Overbet for value foreva baby! BOOYAH!

8:47 AM

 
Blogger bayne_s said...

donkey,

getting 2:1 true odds + 6:1 implied odds if your donkey self does get paid every time is still bad poker on a 9;1 draw.

On positive side I will accept the $50 for prop bet via paypal (you pay fees) since these sort of plays indicate you will not have BR to pay in poker account

1:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home