Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Good Guy

See Heffmike is a good guy. He gets that as much as I call people moronic idiots I do not mean it personally.

I actually think things like Pokerstove can be useful BUT I find it difficult to beleive that such an objective tool should be used to validate a play you made in a game after the fact. My problem with it is so much of what it says depends on what you THINK the players range is. The accuracy of what your opinion of their range might be is highly dependent on your skill in reading people. I normally can narrow someone down to two or three hands and I am usually correct. Other people always think that their opponent has this hugely wide range and mostly are wrong. Putting someone on a range of hands post game with the bias of knowing what they actually had just somehow seems wrong.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

I'm with you on this one. I can't stand when jerkoffs explain their play after the fact by saying, "Sure he had Aces, but his range was any two cards, so my Q7o was better than half of his potential holdings. It was a coinflip!" I swear, some people change their opponents' expected range just to make the math look nice after the fact. Fools.

2:13 PM

 
Blogger Loretta8 said...

please keep up the +EV posts

8:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home