Sunday, October 01, 2006

Long Days and Sleepless Nights

Interesting night at the tables. Played a bunch of MTTs. Came close in a few.. the usual, out 300th in the 11/Rebuy.. AK vs A9 for a 30K pot. Way to push A9 in early position I guess.. Finished ITM in the 20/180. Busted out 14th with KK vs Ax or some crap like that. Again would have been nice to win that pot and be middle of the pack for the final table.

I then decided to donk it up playing some cash. Man were the cards hitting me. I made HUGE errors in judgement and everytime got paid off. I was hitting nut hands so often that I started just raising the river huge so I would not have to show. It really pissed off my table mates. My biggest error of the night was also my biggest hand, although, ironically it did not end up making my night.

I started off the night by donking off all my chips but $7. I took the $7 and pushed a few times to bring it up to $40. I then had this amazing and yet idiotic hand. I had KQ and had been having some success with it so I limp. Guy after me raises and a third guy calls. Flop comes Kxx. I check, first guy bets 12, and the other guy cold calls. Now I am not sure if this is a c-bet or what so I call. The pot is $46. I may or may not have the best hand. I am not sure yet. So I check again. The first guy pushes for 40. The second guy calls. Now I am pretty sure I am behind here. However I end up getting blinded by the 160$ pot and so I call. The river is a lovely Queen and all of the chips come sliding over to me. Sorry about that AK.

All was going well until I looked down and saw AA. I raised it pre-flop and got one caller. Potted the flop, potted the turn, and of course got rivered by TT. Ug. I called of a 30$ bet I probably should not have on the river. Losing a $138 pot which really did not feel good. I was now back down to my buyin. We then had this hand.



I had Q6d. I liked the flop. I thought I was ahead and statistically I was slightly ahead as a 53-47% fav. I ended up pushing to a guys bet on the flop. I either win the hand right here or have probably 15 outs.. maybe a little less. He ends up liking his JJ alot and we go to the races. Lucky for me I spike a queen on the river and that is it for his stack. I chip up to $180 and decide I probably should leave. heh. It was an interesting night for sure.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed.

The ever unlucky Waffles finally posted a few hands where he was way behind and sucked out for big dollars.

It gives your rants just a tad bit more credibility.

10:17 AM

 
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

This is the ultimate bad beat. Waffles starts winning on the eve of the end of online poker.

5:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Russo comment is hilarious. I think Waffles admitting to putting bad beats on folks is the start of the Apocolypse, personally.

9:33 AM

 
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Nothing could give Waffles' rants credibility.

But I admit my blood ran cold reading this post. Bill Frist waited until just this post to launch his offensive.

Nice job.

2:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home