Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Online Anti-American Law

So what are you going to do about your online funds? I personally put mine into holding in Firepay until the backlash washes over.

Neteller is my cash transferor of choice, but they are a European company. Do you know what that means? It means the US government has no jurisdiction over them. - Jordon


First off look at your login screen to Neteller today. Secondly it is this kind of attitude that is killing America. I do not mean to pick on J and honestly think he did not mean anything by it.

Why is Jordon is killing America then? We all are so caught up in what we can get out of this world for ourselves that we forget to look at the big picture. I am very disturbed by many of the recent bills that have been passed under Fuehrer Bush lately. I was happy to see Absinthe post about the "Torture is Good" bill that was recently passed. It basically says that the US can hold any "Terrorist" without a trial or any rights at all. Basically they disappear. Now on the face of this it sounds pretty good right? We can scoop up the terrorists and hold them where they can not hurt any American's. Who would be against that right? It does not effect you right J?

Soo.. sooo.. dangerouse. Our founding fathers were pretty smart. They put these checks and balances in for a reason. It was so that no one group could become too powerful. So that the average American would not be shut up. So that you and I could Blog crap until it shot out of our ears. It is the essence of being American. When people start thinking they are above this it is extremely scary. The title of "Terrorist" is very nebulous.. today it is Taliban extremists.. tomorrow a few Arabs in America who spoke against Bush.. next day some Americans that the Government does not want to annoy them.

You think this is far fetched? It has happened before to an American even before this law was enacted. A kid named Kevin Mitnick. He was a Hacker. Actually I kind of fancy him as the king of hackers. I admire the skills of Hackers but am a White Hat for sure. I do not agree with anything this kid did. However his super powers are the thing that nerds dream of. He was so feared, and misunderstood, by the government that they would not allow him to touch a telephone for fear of what he could do.


Mitnick continues to claim that his treatment was unfair and has alleged that at one time he was held in solitary confinement for 8 months because his girlfriend Suzy Thunder told authorities Mitnick could cause a nuclear attack by whistling into a phone. - Wikipedia


So basically he was thrown in jail for four years without a trial, much of it in solitary confinement, and not allowed to communicate with the outside world. He finally caved and took a plea so he could be released. All because the government was afraid of him. Who is to say what your hick neighbor might tell the government you can do? Who knows what group will be the next target of the government. Absolute power like a government corrupts absolutely and without the checks and bounds put in place on ALL PEOPLES civil rights are being threatened.

We see our personal rights being walked on every day. The Internet gambling prohibition is just a small part of it. There is a group of people in our country that say they know what is better for us than we do. We are not adult enough to protect ourselves from us. We need to be taken care of by these magnificent gods and protected from drugs, smoking, and gambling. Of course if they want to do these things in the shadows it is ok. As long as they do not get caught.

My personal view on this is that they are probably right. We can not take care of ourselves. However that is our decision and almost everyone fucks it up every day. In one way or another most people are damaged. It is what makes us human. Taking away one vice is not going to stop us from being screwups. We will just find a different way. Instead of gambling on a relatively safe online site we will go to joe-cardsharks backalley poker game. Where we can get cheated at the least or possibly killed or beaten up. Prohibition has never worked and it never will.

I really doubt my blog will make any difference in the world. The president or the congress will not read this and say "Damn, he is right!". You people need to make the difference though. Protest. Right letters. Vote. Do something. Do not just say "It does not effect me so who cares". We should do a million-poker-player march on Washington or something. I am in.

I am really not sure what will change the wrong turn our country has taken. I personally am going to vote all Democrat this year to try and balance out the power instead of having one group control everything. We do this in Massachusetts almost every year. Either a republican governor and Democratic Senate or the other way. When we mess up and let either side get full power it usually throws our state into turmoil.

[end diatribe]

10 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

I don't see anything out of the ordinary on the Neteller log-in screen. What did you see Woffles?

You don't have to agree with me, but all the huffing and puffing in the world won't change a thing. Instead, I choose to take the path of content apathy. It will all work itself out. If it doesn't, then so be it. In the meantime, I won't get upset over some stupid politicians passing a stupid law that is likely unenforceable against foreign companies that make billions from US customers. Maybe I'm ignorant, and maybe I'm not.

10:03 AM

 
Blogger Wes said...

Voting all Democrat, that is bound to change all this mess... NOT!

I'll stand by my claim that as long as people still vote for either retard option #1 (Republican) or retard option #2 (Democrat) that absolutely nothing is going to change. New face, same policies.

10:19 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

J - I heard they had new "agreement" policies you had to agree to.. but it was hearsay from other people who use Neteller as I use Firepay.

I agree, but they tend to do less damage when they have to keep fighting with each other.. when they own all the peices then they just pass whatever they want.

10:40 AM

 
Blogger frodaddy10 said...

As a pretty staunch Republican I have finally accepted a politician for a politician regardless of their aisle. What is so fucking amazing is that the Republicans have always taken a smaller government, more local control approach, etc.--this just totally confuses me. I hate the sneakiness of this situation, the hypocrisy;I hate the political process, back room deals, lobbyists and that last minute insertions result in a lot more than pork barrel spending, but also the revocation of personal freedoms. And, apathy, fine, just keep your fucking mouth shut about any of the results because your not involved, remember? And, being apathetic, probably should have resulted in no post whatsoever. Your post is no less cause for conern than Jordon's comments about not being affected. Ignorance appears to be bliss, so continue enjoying your fucking day.

11:03 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Just an update -- Firepay now charges 10$ per-withdrawal. I beleive this is because of the new legislation and the greedy firepay people. I would expect Neteller to follow but who knows.

11:35 AM

 
Blogger Jordan said...

Fro, let me ask you something: when has your vote mattered? The answer is never. When a vote ever comes down to one person, I will vote. When I can actually affect the outcome of legislation, I will do so. But until then, your political leanings, while perfectly okay, are nothing but masturbation. Of course, I've always said that masturbation is fun, so I can see why someone would get all politically excited over things they can't control, change or even significantly influence.

12:32 PM

 
Blogger Jules said...

First off Waffles, round of applause.

Jordan, I'm saddened by your comments - that level of apathy and acceptance is frightening. The very constitution of your country encourages the citizenry to rise up against a tyranical government. Your reaction is a case of people get the government they deserve.

2:15 PM

 
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

Votes count. Ask the Dems in Florida.

This started when the GOP re-won both houses in 2002. Some have said that the Bush presidency has been a cash grab for the rich. I say it's also been a civil-rights grab by the far-right, who are obsessed with making everyone live by their set of values. Religious freedom, when not applied to them, is not a virtue they adhere to, and they don't accept the legitimacy of a religion-neutral government.

They will push and push until they're pushed back upon at election time. Then, their damage will either be reversed or they will be able to solidify their gains.

This is a larger fight than poker, or even torture. Many of these people feel they've been chosen by God to make your business their business. Given the opportunity, the far-right would make the US as repressive as necessary in order to realize their dream of a Christian America.

8:28 PM

 
Blogger Heafy said...

I am in a funny position, in that I can't vote or right my congressman or March to Washington or whatever, being Australian and all, but this still affects me. I have to agree with what Waffels says and hope some sense coems to this. If all the American players dissappear, who am I left to play against? Half a dozen Scandanavians?

And Jordan, while one person may not seem significant, I think that is kind of the point of it all. On eperson isn't supposed to make a difference, it is supposed to be a group thing. I like you man, I like your blog too you know that, but I think you are wrong here. I'd gladly vote if I could in the next US elections.

5:04 AM

 
Blogger Eric a.k.a. Bone Daddy said...

I thought this blog was about computer programming, not politics.

7:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home