Thursday, October 12, 2006

WSOP Interesting Table

I am an emotional guy. I played online for a while to learn to control those emotions because when you play online you see so many bad beats in a row if you lose control you go broke.
- Joe Hachem


Ok. I know I have butchered this quote but what a fucking cool thing for the guy to say. "When you play online you see so many bad beats". So true. I am glad it is not just me. I would love to sit down at a poker table and have him elaborate on why he thinks this is. Very interesting to hear though.

It was funny, I.E. Hollywooded, how they played that clip just before Joe's KK got crushed by JTo. Flop comes JJx. I forget who Joe was playing.. some aggro Asian guy.. After a raise and call before him Joe re-raises a HUGE amount of chips and the guy with JT thinks.. "Hey, this is a great place to push him off a hand".. Hello? You really think the guy who had been playing the final table the tightest is going to raise that much with crap? It looked to me like a horrible time to try and steal a pot when Joe had practically flipped his cards over and announced he had a huge hand. The announcers were pretty funny though with the following quote "Why do bad players always seem to get rewarded". I actually felt sorry for Joe there.

I also saw a WICKED small stack play. I can not for my life remember who played the hand this way.. but some Italian goombah looking guy. He had a small stack and had 99. He raised the standard 3-4xBB.. and saw the flop. How amazing is that you push monkeys? I would have fucking pushed there myself. So the flop comes T86. He then pushes. He has enough behind him to make a pot bet here. The other guy folds. Brilliant play. The show then goes rabbit hunting and an ACE would have hit on the turn. It goes to show that being a push monkey is not always a good thing even as a small stack. I watched Phil Helmouth go out on the next hand with the exact same 99, he decided to push pre-flop, and the Ace hit him on the river. Gives you something to think about next time you find yourself with around 10BB and a decent pocket pair.

Who says watching Poker on TV is useless..

8 Comments:

Blogger smokkee said...

that move Pham made with his J-T against Hachem's KK was retarded. then he jumps up and down after flopping trip J's. what a freakin donk.

Hachem has taken some wicked beats at his last few final tables. Dutch Boyd donkeypunched him with A-5o vs. Hachem's AQo heads up in a 2006 WSOP event. Boyd rivered a 5 to take Joe out.

Hachem handled both beats extremely well.

11:09 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Ya I was somewhat impressed.. although you could tell it really took a toll on the guy.. head down, etc, etc. you know he was messed up inside.. I guess I might be too if some tool just cost me 50-100K or more..

1:23 PM

 
Blogger Gnome said...

More hands online=more beats.

2:29 PM

 
Blogger C.L. Russo said...

God damn the I.E. is annoying. Put it in lower case and separate it with parentheses or something.

7:31 PM

 
Blogger TraumaPoker said...

Where the fuck did DP come from? Pay your site bill so wirepairs.info stops blowing chunks. Maybe SIRF can work on it for you.

7:46 PM

 
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Hachem is the Man. He acts like a champion. He visibly blanched after that donk move was rewarded. Pham is a tool.

8:24 PM

 
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Hachem got what was coming to him after that donkeysuck he laid on that big-time professional when he hit the runner-runner flush on the turn and river in WSOP Event #13 this past summer. Bastaarrrrrrrd.

8:00 AM

 
Blogger Garthmeister J. said...

That shortstack move is called a "stop and go", and is a nice one to have in the arsenal.

1:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home