Thursday, January 18, 2007

US Loss of Freedom

Flopilicious has a decent post about what the Neteller shutdown mean. I will say it is amazing that we can arrest people for committing a crime BEFORE it was a crime.. and for owning stock in a publicly traded company. Our government is so out of control. The only thing I disagree with in her article is that guy she says warned you all!!! NONONONO! It was ME! When Bush was first elected.. let me find that post..

Here are some of my early warnings..

I love living in “Bush’s America”. I know I said I would forget about the politics but this really pissed me off. I was getting all set to watch Private Ryan on primetime American Television and then the Marxist overlords came on and said "Private Ryan will not be seen in some markets because they are afraid of FCC fines!". God Bless Free Speech, it was great while it lasted. So hopefully that is it for the rants.
-- November 11, 2004



I am very disturbed by many of the recent bills that have been passed under Fuehrer Bush lately. I was happy to see Absinthe post about the "Torture is Good" bill that was recently passed.
-- October 4, 2006



Will Bush go on a rampage and bomb India to remove the corrupt, un-christian, Full Tilt scourge!
-- May 16, 2005


In case you missed it our president has the solution for all the problems in the middle east.

Since the only possible reason anyone could have voted for the clown is because of the funny out takes.. sort of like politics meets Worlds Funniest Bloopers.. Here is a link to some of his
brightest days.
-- July 18, 2006


I can not find my brilliant political post where I describe 4$ a gallon gas (we got close) and the removal of all of our freedoms if we elect Bush to another term. I made the point that he has nothing to lose the second time around and can fuck us every which way but loose.. I am so smart it is almost scary.

3 Comments:

Blogger GrayCalx said...

Not to defend or attack Bush, but as smart as you are I thought I'd just remind you that a television station not airing Saving Private Ryan for fear of being fined by the FCC has nothing to do with freedom of speech. I'm sure you don't need an explanation as to why.

Can't argue your other points.

9:37 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Well to be fair.. all of these things attributed to "Bush" are not ALL his doing.. but all happened under his administration by conservative republican right wingers..

However to your point.. the FCC threatening to fine stations for playing a show like Private Ryan does cut into our freedoms, just like harassing stations that play Stern, and other things of that nature.. the FCC has such arbitrary definitions of what can be fined that nobody can possibly follow them and anyone placed there can censor whatever they want by charging huge fines or just threatening them.

10:03 AM

 
Blogger GrayCalx said...

"FCC has such arbitrary definitions of what can be fined that nobody can possibly follow them."

Definitely agree with you there. Keep up the great blog!

11:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home