Monday, March 12, 2007

SNG Progress

So I think I have finally hit my stride over the first 17 games of my SNG challenge. Damn this is going to take forever. I have been trying out all variants of the game and to me the best money/time/ratio seems to be the 6-MAX SNG. I only have to deal with six people. I am limiting my winnings slightly but I seem to excel in these. I remember doing well last time I played these and I have a 66% cash rate so far in my short trials. In some ways it is kind of fun switching the variants. The play does not change drastically unless you hit the turbo games and if one type of SNG suddenly starts kicking your ass you can switch it up for something different.

Blinders just called MTT players donkeys far more eloquently than I ever could. He basically said that MTT play is more artistic and cash game play is more scientific. We all know what it means when we say "Oh, yes, little Johnny is so Artistic".. It means he is a fucking retard and most people in society frown upon the truth.

He was responding to the Hoy fueled debate on Cash vs MTT play. I think any debate you start needs to have some bounds. If you compare a $10/MTT with a .10/.20 cash game you will find very little difference. If the prize is big enough you might find better players in the MTT but for the most part you will see the same push all in and pray mentality in both game.

As you move up in stake you again see alot more skill come into play. If you watch the professionals in the WSOP many times they avoid calling big all in bets or pushing all the chips they have especially early on unless they have close to the nut hand. In higher stakes cash games you will also see somewhat less push monkey mentality as people want to PLAY poker.

Both games require skill to be consistently successful at and they both require different skills. Arguably a terrible MTT player has a better chance to be successful than the same terrible cash player in the sense that the horrible guy can hit a run of cards and win a huge stake while a cash player needs to be consistently success full for a much longer time frame usually.

All in all who gives a fuck. People win playing all forms of poker using all types of different skills. Just go out and have fun and let the money come as it will.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Just want to say that I believe I have deduced who your backer is. I will hit you up on the girly chat one of these days to let you know that I figured it out. It wasn't that hard, really, if you know the bloggers.

3:05 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

You really are not that arrogant are you?

5:06 PM

 
Blogger Pseudo_Doctor said...

money is money doesnt really matter how you get it....gl with the SNG's

7:39 PM

 
Blogger DuggleBogey said...

If you compare a $10/MTT with a .10/.20 cash game you will find very little difference.

This is an excellent point.

5:36 AM

 
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Yes.

2:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home