Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Bubble Boy

Last few bucks went out as the bubble in the Mookie. Nothing really big. Won a few nice races. Lost a few races. Got a MAD string of AA/KK hands and only got paid off once.. by DonkeyPuncher.. THANKS! It was SB vs BB and I jammed my AA and he called with A7.. not a bad call if you think the SB is stealing. That one hand got me to the final table.. I raised AA/KK/AA on DDionysis 3 times and he never fought back. I mean it TOTALLY looked like I was just stealing his blind EVERY time.. guess he had crap cards or something.. haha..

I think possibly I needed to limp Aces at that point. Chances are I get HU anyways with the blinds as high as they were.. and I needed chips. Period. Thinking about that train of thought. Probably should never have gotten in that position to begin with but was not getting much to steal with.. and getting played back at A LOT when I did steal with weak cards..

One other move I am not sure of.. 8 peeps left. Seven spots paid. I look down and see 99 as a mid-bottom stack. It gets raised in EP by Numbono. Do I jam 9's or fold? Best case is a race. Worst case he has JJ/TT type hand. I folded. Not sure it was a bad fold but interesting hand.. I am kind of interested in what you had so if you remember let me know..

I finally got short and had to push Q8d.. I pushed into KJo.. and did not catch anything. I had to push. Zeem had to call. It then came down to essentially a coin flip and I bubble.. Lest I am heading back in the right direction..

Congrats to BuddyDonk for making the money and a good live cast.. and for Jeciimd increasing his consecutive blogger with cashes except him record: 4th in points. Only person in the top 53 without any money. errr. Congrats? I think Hoyazo's post cursed him to be honest.

DuggleBogey: I wish I knew how to beat morons
DuggleBogey: how do you know what they’re thinking when they’re obviously not thinking?


... Ironic with the Donkalishish suckouts he had in that game. HAHAHAHAHA! ...

Also find myself underfunded for finishing the BPT.. soooooooo.. if anyone wants an investment.. Finish up the BPT with me. You get 50% of all of the profit.. plus a shot at the top 4 money that gets split (I think I am put at 21:1) PLUS I believe I get into some freeroll or something with my points???!!!?? Not sure.. but you also get 50% of that.. So for a decent investment you get a shot at some good money if I can go on a rush and take over a top spot in the points. I am currently going to be sitting at 12th.. so the possibility is there.. drop me an IM.. I am SirFWALGMan on Yahoo if your interested..

Otherwise see you at the Poker Blogger gathering.. I will be coming in around 11PM on Friday night and heading over to the MGM.. Everything else is in the air.. Mucho thanks to everyone who has offered me a free floor/bed/couch.. I appreciate you all..

Peace.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"One other move I am not sure of.. 8 peeps left. Seven spots paid. I look down and see 99 as a mid-bottom stack. It gets raised in EP by Numbono. Do I jam 9's or fold?"

You should probably turn your page back to pink for even asking that.

Anyway, I pretty mathematically challenged right now so let us know the figure you need to finish the BBT. It'll probably be worth the admission price just to be able to read the rants. ;-)

11:24 PM

 
Blogger bayne_s said...

Was watching Smokkee this evening and got an idea for how you can fund self.

The 1200 point $400k Super Satellites. 1st win of course gets you entry but subsequent get you $55.

11:34 PM

 
Blogger NumbBono said...

Since you have to know...

300/600 Ante 75
mclarich (Observer): Just a reminder...I've got a bounty on BuddyDank tonight
Seat 1: SirFWALGMan (7,282)
Seat 2: DuggleBogey (6,859)
Seat 3: Zeem (29,849)
Seat 4: Bone_Daddy84 (9,106)
Seat 5: Don Morris (2,430)
Seat 6: BuddyDank (5,869)
Seat 7: NumbBono (7,155)
Seat 8: DDionysus (15,046)
Seat 9: bayne_s (7,904)
SirFWALGMan antes 75
DuggleBogey antes 75
Zeem antes 75
Bone_Daddy84 antes 75
Don Morris antes 75
BuddyDank antes 75
NumbBono antes 75
DDionysus antes 75
bayne_s antes 75
Bone_Daddy84 posts the small blind of 300
Don Morris posts the big blind of 600
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to NumbBono [Ac Ad]
BuddyDank folds
NumbBono raises to 2,775
DDionysus folds
bayne_s folds
bayne_s: How much?
SirFWALGMan has 15 seconds left to act
mclarich (Observer): It's huge...a buyin to The Dookie
SirFWALGMan folds
DuggleBogey: Waffles has a decision
DuggleBogey: or he's stalling cause I have one
DuggleBogey has 15 seconds left to act
DuggleBogey: crud
DuggleBogey folds
Zeem folds
Bone_Daddy84 folds
Don Morris folds
Uncalled bet of 2,175 returned to NumbBono
DuggleBogey: I folded cause Morris has to call
SirFWALGMan: lol
NumbBono mucks
NumbBono wins the pot (2,175)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2,175 | Rake 0
Seat 1: SirFWALGMan folded before the Flop
Seat 2: DuggleBogey folded before the Flop
Seat 3: Zeem (button) folded before the Flop
Seat 4: Bone_Daddy84 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 5: Don Morris (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: BuddyDank folded before the Flop
Seat 7: NumbBono collected (2,175), mucked
Seat 8: DDionysus folded before the Flop
Seat 9: bayne_s folded before the Flop

Good laydown Waffles.

5:16 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Thanks Num.. I thought you were playing pretty tight and I made a good laydown.. but was not sure.. good game!

5:35 AM

 
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

I would probably have pushed with the 9s. The chances that Numb had 88-22 are just great enough in my mind that I would probably have had to push there. Like, if you had had 6s or maybe even 7s I am folding in that spot, but with the 9s I would likely have pushed. So yeah, good laydown.

6:44 AM

 
Blogger Mike Maloney said...

I disagree with Hoy. Even before I saw NumbBono's HH, I would fold that hand. It's a tough fold, but I still fold. The guy puts in over a third of his chips in an EP raise, you are at best in a race, and there's a very good chance you're up against a higher PP. I don't put his range at anything under 77, so the chance of you having a higher PP is slim. You also probably don't really have any fold equity. If you push, he's calling.

I just don't think there's any way you can call and expect a positive result.

7:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jam that 99, you can't base that on dude having AA everytime. In your position at that point you have to make some moves. IMO its much better than blinding down and being forced to push that monstah Q8.

In most cases I think you're at worst a race but say your 50/50 over time, don't forget dead money from blinds and antes + fold equity.

This seems to be the same stage you get blinded down when you play MTTs. You're way to tight here.

BTW Mike Maloney called off his stack with AT against me in a similar spot in the Hoy a couple weeks back so I guess thats better than 99?

7:14 AM

 
Blogger DuggleBogey said...

I was actually referring to one specific player, whom with I have a history.

7:58 AM

 
Blogger smokkee said...

i'm def pushing with 99 in that spot unless the EP raiser hasn't played a hand since the last time Canada won the Stanley Cup.

10:51 AM

 
Blogger jremotigue said...

Dude, I donated chips and you didn't cash? I definitely had you on a steal. As it got folded around, I actually said to myself, "Waffles is going to try stealing my BB." I didn't think you'd fold or even just call. Oops. This is why I stick to LHE ring games.

12:03 PM

 
Blogger Mike Maloney said...

I like how Don will continue to post on other people's blogs about my AT call, yet he can't even bother to respond to my analysis of the hand on his own blog.

1:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home