Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fucking Tired

Bodog. Out in 4th. TT vs 55. He raises 7k. I jam. Fuck you Fuel.

Speaking of Bodog. 20k in the pot. 600 blinds. One shortie is all in for 3k. IT and I had cold called him. Numbono jams all in. IT folds. It is 7k to play. The blinds are 600. All I have left is 7k. I have eights. I think this is an easy call. Numbono turns over AK and the short stack turns over AQ and I am in pretty decent coin flip shape to take down the pot. Q8 flop pretty much seals the deal. I think sometimes you have to gamble. It enabled me to get to 4th and get in good deep even though I got sucked out on. It also earned me T$109 and $30 cash. Not too bad. I like the play even if Numbono went ballistic. Was fun taunting him afterwards too.

Skillz game out early. Raise pre-. Flop Nut flush draw, Nut Straight Draw, have the best hand, and get called on all 3 streets by A88J backdoor flush draw. No low. Nada. Nothing. Zilch. Yet he runners a flush and wins and that is it for me. Fuck LO8. Man that fucking pissed me off. Kind of a Sirfuxus move.

Won 1.5 buyins at Razz in about fifteen minutes after having a cold spell for three days. It paid for all my tourney fun and gave me a profit for the night.

Moved to the Hancock building today. Love heights. Nice building. Different food. Sleepy. Later.

8 Comments:

Blogger Shrike said...

At least you didn't play two hours of O8 to bubble out in 7th, winning $3 in bounties for your trouble, suffering several longshots getting there on the river ...

12:02 AM

 
Blogger Eric a.k.a. Bone Daddy said...

whats with you being a postive EV player in 2008?

Could a tilt session be on the horizon?

6:53 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Still early.

7:38 AM

 
Blogger Fuel55 said...

You always misplay presto - save chips for the turn when the 5 comes in.

8:59 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I had tens Fuel not fives.

11:05 AM

 
Blogger on_thg said...

Just because I'm curious - if some random donkey was the short stack in that hand (instead of someone you'd vowed to take out), do you still call?

I wouldn't - 7k would have left you with plenty of chips and you can't think that you're anything better than a coinflip against NumbBobo's jam - but I suck at poker.

I'm not just asking because I would have sucked out again with my dominated hand - I actually want to know if you think you made the right play.

12:41 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I think my play was low percentage and risky but marginally acceptable. I was not head hunting you ON_THG. You were actually the least factor in the hand as only 3k of the pot was you.. and 7k was HU against Numbono.

I think Numbono jamming AK there was bad though. Why give you a better HU matchup?

The main reason I called is I thought the pot I was getting and the amount of chips left in my hand relative to the blind gave me a great chance to go deep if I won. I was getting 3:1 on my money and in actuality I was in pretty good shape.

If say you raised 3k, then Numbono was second to act and he jammed all in I may have folded since there would have been 6k less in the pot.

I will post a little more on my thinking.

1:21 PM

 
Blogger bayne_s said...

Calling is weak poker.

Calling IT's overcall commits 30% of chips pre-flop and does not provide set mining odds. on_thg does not have to be that strong he is shorty. IT's call is weak. If you want to race with 88 isolate. If numb chooses to call with AK on that action then he is praying for a flip and has no complaints when he loses flip.

1:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home