Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Clash of Kings

I am really loving these books. Mucho thanks to The Wife. I will have to give her a "thank-you" ass grab next time I see her. Ok, ok, I just want to grope her fine behind so sue me. Seriously though these books are a fun read. Every day almost I have someone come up to me and say "OMG! Your reading those books! I hate those books!".

I think it comes down to the fact that we can not stand books that have any kind of realistic side to them. We want the whole midget finds ring and defeats great evil power love love feel good story. While I am a big fan of midget heroes like Iggy, I also am a HUGE fan of realistic stories. I love when you kill my favorite character. Not because I wanted them to die but because you did your job, you were a good enough writer to make me love this fake person, and then you had the balls to destroy them and make me sad. I find it very refreshing. Movies are the same way. ET always has to go home instead of getting his ass cut up on the operating table. Fantasy is good, and a little cold reality is good too, it is nice to have a mix of things to enjoy.

5 Comments:

Blogger DrChako said...

I told you that you'd like them!

Friendly advice - keep away from The Wife's ass. She bites.

-DrC

6:21 PM

 
Blogger The NL Wife said...

I totally agree with you. I mean, don't get me wrong . . . I was a little pissed about the whole Eddard thing. I spend 5 or 6 chapters saying "they didn't really kill him, did they?"

But you're right . . . sometimes the good parts of the book are the ugly parts of the fairy tale.

7:13 PM

 
Blogger Shrike said...

If only Martin would finish this damn series.

-PL

8:07 PM

 
Blogger pk said...

Ever read the Dark Tower \ Talisman by Stephen King?

Best I've read, though must give this series a mention to - must agree with Shrike, wish to hell Martin would pull his finger out and show some sign of finishing the series.

4:47 AM

 
Blogger The NL Wife said...

Yeah, he's gotta finish the series . . . he split the damn characters on that last book and left us hanging . . .

I'll have to re-read them AGAIN.

12:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home