Wednesday, May 23, 2007

You Decide: The Finally

This blog really has taken on a life of its own.. Sometimes when I sit alone in the dark I can hear Waffles silently chuckling to me in his maniacal laughter.. taunting me.. I swear that he has a life of his own. I have no control over him anymore.

So convince me I should keep this Madman alive. Originally this blog started with some good intentions. I sprung on the "Blogger" poker scene when it was well started but fairly new. The major players were established, the Doctor, The Blog Father.. Felicia Lee and her charming personality.. I had very good intentions for the blog. I would explain my unique trials and tribulations in this game. I would let people know when I did go on tilt so they would understand they were not the only one. I would encourage people and teach them my spiffy poker strategies. How to not play all those crappy little cards. Stick to the big hands. I played exclusively LHE.. and had a nice run. I might have even helped a person or two hang in there until they had to mortgage their house or something.. It was good and clean and pure.

Somewhere along the line it has become Waffles private pulpit where he can rant and rave and get all the frustrations out. You never know what the guy is going to say. Some people handle it well.. but the real fun comes with people who can not. It is always fun to tweak a little. Lighten up you homo's.

I enjoy the blog.. I know the readers enjoy the blog a ton. It is fun and while the humor is dark at times.. and the blog wars numerous.. It is always a quick fun read. I have met some of the best people through this blog. I mean Don and Carmen let me crash at their place every time I am in Vegas.. I can always get Fastpitch to cheer me on or JJ to listen to my bad beat of the hour.. I have learned a lot not so much from reading their blogs but from lurking and chatting.

I got to party down with Gcox, and ScaryLady (Where the fuck are you?), Iggy, Pauly, Kitten, Ick, AlvinCantHangus, Carmen, Donny, LoveElf, Smokes, Hoy, Jewels, V.. etc, etc, etc.. (If I did not mention you by name it is not because I hate you, I do, but that is not why)..

I really would not give up what it has been for all the matzah ball soup in New York. It sometimes feels like it has outlived its usefulness. So to steal someone else's catch phrase: You Decide. If you like the blog and want it to stay then convince me. Any way you want. Sent me a couple of hookers and a bag of blow. Write a blog post. Comment. Whatever. If you hate the blog and want it to close.. then let her rip. I will make my decision after I finish partying in Vegas. Until then I will catch you at the Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookie tonight!!!!!!!!!!!

29 Comments:

Blogger mookie99 said...

Like I told you earlier...

You ain't gonna quit shit. I think that pink background you had on your blog the other day rubbed off on you. Better check between your legs to see if you are growing a vag.

2:55 PM

 
Blogger AlCantHang said...

Lighten up Francis. We both know you aren't going anywhere.

At least not while I have more people on my map site. Besides, who else am I going to rag on when I'm drunk.

\m/

3:10 PM

 
Blogger Pauly said...

You ain't giving this up. You crave the attention. What you don't need is an ego boost. What you definitely need is to get laid soon.

3:15 PM

 
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

First off,

It's "The Finale", NOT "The Finally".

Unless you're FINALLY going to end this blog, you egomaniac son of a bitch. Which would be a good thing.

I keed, I keed. Not about the egomaniac s.o.b. stuff, but about ending the blog.

I tune in every day to see who you're going to flame next, and what bad beat you're going to whine about.

Keep it up, Waffles.

Hookers and blow are being dispatched presently.

3:26 PM

 
Blogger DuggleBogey said...

>> Welcome to Babblefish 1.0

>> I am Cyberdyne Systems model 101..Which language do you wish to convert?
> Wafflish

>> Loading Wafflish Language protocol 0.11235.
>> Protocol loaded.


>> Please enter a series of words to convert from Wafflish to English.
> "If you like the blog and want it to stay then convince me."

>> Translation processing…
>> Translation complete
>> "Please love me! Please Please!"

4:03 PM

 
Blogger Pseudo_Doctor said...

sounds like someone wants some attention......

5:45 PM

 
Blogger Short-Stacked Shamus said...

Folding out of the question here.
Lots of reasons why, but the short version goes "NSFW Poodles & Crotch Rot."

5:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just delete this blog.

You know you want to.

6:11 PM

 
Blogger Irongirl01 said...

We love you we really love you!!

And were you channeling some inner Dr Pauly or was he guest posting for you?... Hookers and blow from you?

Now....... Show us the real waffles. Peel away the layers of the Eggo you are.

IG

6:33 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Ctrl-Alt-Delete.

Delete *.*

You don't have it in you.

We love you Waffles.

Snoopy Come HOME!

6:34 PM

 
Blogger Ingoal said...

Come on Wawfuls, you know you can't fold here...it'll make your head explode...and we all know that won't be hawesome...nuff said

6:34 PM

 
Blogger Donnie Mo' said...

Hey Waffles,

Never got to tell you "nice hand" on your set of sevens earlier tonight.

At least you made the money tonight, er, um, the points, er, um, nevermind.

I think I'll add you to my blog as a special guest blogger area thingee.

Don't quit blogging, too many people enjoy your writing.

Regards - Don Morris

8:40 PM

 
Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

What would we do without you???????

You absolutely cannot give this up. Who's going to make fun of Michael Craig with me????? Who's going to talk shit about Don as much as I do? Who's going to fix my blog when I fuck up the graphics and the links etc.????

Who can actually come up with as many cuss words as I can in one blog????? Nobody but you baby!

1:39 AM

 
Blogger smokkee said...

WTF is this?

you're obv FOS. keep blogging ur rants cuz we all dig that shit.

3:30 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Rant on sir.

6:36 AM

 
Blogger Eric a.k.a. Bone Daddy said...

deleating a blog is over rated.

oh, btw, I TOLD YOU NOT TO DO ANYTHING STUPID LAST NIGHT. but do you listen, no.

7:53 AM

 
Blogger Jordan said...

I say quit the blog, only because it would make me easier to quit mine too. Heil Peer Pressure!

Woffley, you know how this works. You start a blog, you love the blog, you own the blog and suddenly, the blog owns you. It takes on a life of its own and you are too entrenched to escape. If you can break the cycle AND you want to, then god bless. All I know is that I have trouble. About every 3 mos I want to quit, and then a week later, I'm posting 3 times a day.

8:37 AM

 
Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

I just discovered your blog like very recently... and I freakin love it. You certainly can't end this now.

10:17 AM

 
Blogger PokahDave said...

Stop whining you pussy....and uh don't stop posting...it's just too funny.

10:50 AM

 
Blogger katitude said...

So, so lame Waffles.

Just for this, I'm going to freaking tag you with every single cheesey meme that comes my way.

11:05 AM

 
Blogger BigMike said...

((queue Battle Hymm of the Republic, woodwinds only)) I feel your pain, brother! The constant updates! The proofreading, the re-writes. Is it all worth it? Of course it is! When doubts start to creep in, you must remember why you do it. Your country needs you. At this time in history, with all the uncertainty in the world. American soldiers on foreign soil. Foreign terrorists on American soil. Online gambling under seige from dark and sinister forces. Tainted food supplies. Threats of Pandemic. But who stands above it all? WHO!? If not you, then WHO? If not NOW then WHEN! You must write on the beaches, you must write in the streets! You MUST WRITE! You owe to all those men and women around the world who every day count on the fact that you will be writing. PLEASE! I BEG YOU! In the name of all that is holy, you must not silence your unique voice! You must soldier on! AT ALL COSTS! You must soldier on! WRITE ON! WRITE ON! You beautiful son of a bitch! WRITE ON! ((breaks down weeping)).

11:20 AM

 
Blogger DuggleBogey said...

Proofreading?

You're obviously not a reader.

11:39 AM

 
Blogger 23skidoo said...

Do what I should have done a long time ago.

QUIT WHILE YOUR BEHIND.


-Cheers! Skidoo

12:10 PM

 
Blogger AVIGANOLA said...

You can't give up, your loyal readers will be disappointed. I am one of them :-). Keep up the good work. Tony

2:57 PM

 
Blogger Zeem said...

I think you should give up your normal persona.

5:04 PM

 
Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

What will happen to the children?

How can you abandon your little ones?

No, no, no...you cannot go!

1:52 AM

 
Blogger StatikKling said...

Hey Waffles.. if you leave, I'll leave too.

What? Oh we are supposed to convince you to STAY!??!. Umm.. If you leave I will not buy you a beer in vegas during the summer classic... if you go.

11:57 AM

 
Blogger StatikKling said...

BTW, nice idea to get a shit-ton of comments on the blog. Waffles gets traffic..

11:58 AM

 
Blogger lightning36 said...

Time to fold ...

1:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home