Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Budgeting with a Madwoman is Hard

I kinda want to fix things in my life but I am working with an insane person. We actually did get down to writing out a partial budget. It is all kinds of wrong and I have been bugging her to fix it for a while.

I have however said fine, lets go with this as a guesstimate. So now we need to cut about 2k out of the budget. I am willing to do some hard work to get this done but there are some easy things we can do first. The reason I chose 2k is because that NEEDS to come out as tax money every month. No questions asked.

One of the easy, low hanging, fruits would be the morning woman. What does she do? She comes over. Feeds my daughter, gets her dressed and takes her out to the bus stop. How much does she get for this service which is at MOST 1hr a day? 600 bucks a month! Are you fucking kidding me?

I am willing to take on all the responsibility and grab the later 8:36 train. My daughters bus comes at 8:10 and all the timing would work out fine. However I can not get her to agree to get rid of this. I mean seriously if you make 5 bucks you can only spend 5 bucks period. We need to get back there and I know we can do it easily.

I just do not know what to do. I think I will give it one more chance to get the budget in place and make some compromises and if it does not work then I will just take 2k out of my check every month and not let her have it. She will then very quickly have to make some tough decisions. I would much rather set the budget and agree on it but I have no ideas on how to make it work.... I refuse to live this way anymore though. Peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger John said...

you should watch "Til debt do us part" on CNBC with your wife.

6:28 AM

 
Blogger grrouchie said...

Budgeting is the hardest thing to do for a lot of people. Some people just cannot have any financial responsibility or they will blow it. It's kind of sad, especially with the country the way it is and the amount of debt most people carry.

Good luck with your efforts on that, I understand exactly how you feel on the issue, it's like banging your head against a wall - only the wall is growing poisoned spikes

8:15 AM

 
Blogger Wolfshead said...

Been there, done that. My ex used to call me at work bytching the credit card companies were hassling her. I went thru my pay and the bills and couldn't figure out why. Then I found out she was tithing. You want to give something to the church that is fine but when you are as deep in debt as we were you don't gogiving 10% of your income away. Had problems explaining that to her.

10:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home