Thursday, September 15, 2005

Im Back

Well, my Network card problems are solved. A day where I could leave work before 1AM, and $14 for a good Linksys network card and we are up and running. I suggest Linksys to anyone. They are SOOOOOOOO good and EASSSSSYYY!

I have decide to write some REAL poker content. So come and disagree with me. The first article is entitled: Play for fucking 3rd moron. It is based on a comment I saw on a blog. Here is the deal. In an SNG you are talking about a small time investment. Probably an hour. So you can play alot of these. It is DIFFERENT than a tourney. SO here is what I say: PLAY FOR 3rd! DAMMIT! Once you get ITM then you can try and maximize your win. Why? I do not know. I am not a math genius. It has something to do with if you take first your gonna win 50% of the total profit, for third you get 20%, so you already are almost 50% to the max of what you can win. Ask some smart blogger to do some better math explaining.

In my opinion I just do not like to lose money or games. So third is cool. Now here are the facts that will prove out my theory. Well, not my theory, as I am sure this came from way better Poker players.. like Doyle Brunson and the like. Here are my stats in SNGs so far. I hear they are pretty good. However I think I can do better:

ROI: 79.58%.
Finished ITM: 46.67%

In the last 30 games:
Took 1st 3 times, second five times, and third six time. Oh, and I feel like I am in a slump over these last 30 games.

So basically by playing for third I do not think I have lost the ability to take first, I have just gotten to 3rd before getting all HU, aggro, and kicking butt. I play EXTREMELY tight early on. I fold decent hands alot. I fold alot of Kx s00ted, QJo, etc.. I practically ignore the game until the blinds get around 50. I then asses my situation and figure the best way to make third.

So go out there and be mediocre, it works for SNGs!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Those are some impressive stats Sir!

Sounds like you rule at sng. Why play anything else?

Keep winning. I wanna see you play those high stakes games one day!

1:57 AM

 
Blogger Shelly said...

I'm a big fan of Linksys myself. My whole network is on Linksys gear.

I haven't played a SnG in a long time... maybe I should.

8:15 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Well..

3:29 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Well.. I know the 75% ROI is the net amount I am making, so I win 75% of the games (1st, 2nd or 3rd) and for every dollar I put in I get 1.75.

Now I agree with you if my win percentage was lower.. but right now lets say I play 3 games, take 3 3rd and 1 out of the money finish. So if I am playing 20/2 I have invested 88 bucks and returned 120. Not great. However it is acceptable. If I score a first place or second in there then I make more.

On the opposite side lets say I play four games and I am determined to make first or nothing!! So I win one game and lose three. I invested the same $88 but I only made $100 so I am up $12. I would rather take the $32.

3:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out this thread. Aequitas is a very good player. He explains what you need to keep track of in order to determine your success rate at SNG's. He's the third reply down. Enjoy.

http://talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3151

ChiefBigtoke

7:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home