Thursday, September 15, 2005

Im Back

Well, my Network card problems are solved. A day where I could leave work before 1AM, and $14 for a good Linksys network card and we are up and running. I suggest Linksys to anyone. They are SOOOOOOOO good and EASSSSSYYY!

I have decide to write some REAL poker content. So come and disagree with me. The first article is entitled: Play for fucking 3rd moron. It is based on a comment I saw on a blog. Here is the deal. In an SNG you are talking about a small time investment. Probably an hour. So you can play alot of these. It is DIFFERENT than a tourney. SO here is what I say: PLAY FOR 3rd! DAMMIT! Once you get ITM then you can try and maximize your win. Why? I do not know. I am not a math genius. It has something to do with if you take first your gonna win 50% of the total profit, for third you get 20%, so you already are almost 50% to the max of what you can win. Ask some smart blogger to do some better math explaining.

In my opinion I just do not like to lose money or games. So third is cool. Now here are the facts that will prove out my theory. Well, not my theory, as I am sure this came from way better Poker players.. like Doyle Brunson and the like. Here are my stats in SNGs so far. I hear they are pretty good. However I think I can do better:

ROI: 79.58%.
Finished ITM: 46.67%

In the last 30 games:
Took 1st 3 times, second five times, and third six time. Oh, and I feel like I am in a slump over these last 30 games.

So basically by playing for third I do not think I have lost the ability to take first, I have just gotten to 3rd before getting all HU, aggro, and kicking butt. I play EXTREMELY tight early on. I fold decent hands alot. I fold alot of Kx s00ted, QJo, etc.. I practically ignore the game until the blinds get around 50. I then asses my situation and figure the best way to make third.

So go out there and be mediocre, it works for SNGs!!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jog Around the Blogosphere: The Pledge of Allegiance Unplugged
Jog Around the Blogosphere: The Pledge of Allegiance Unplugged For the second time in three years, the Pledge of Allegiance has been found in federal court to be unconstitutional because of the inclusion of ...
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a white bread recipe site/blog. It pretty much covers recipe related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

9:10 PM

 
Blogger Veneno said...

Those are some impressive stats Sir!

Sounds like you rule at sng. Why play anything else?

Keep winning. I wanna see you play those high stakes games one day!

1:57 AM

 
Blogger Shelly said...

I'm a big fan of Linksys myself. My whole network is on Linksys gear.

I haven't played a SnG in a long time... maybe I should.

8:15 AM

 
Blogger JohnnyHarp said...

Um dude....

Am I crazy or do your stats disprove your own theory?

You are getting in the money almost half the time but getting back $0.80 for every dollar you spend? That's a losing ROI, it needs to be above 100% for you to be winning, right?

That would imply that you lose money even if you cash half the time, right?

Also, with a rake, even if you take 3rd HALF the time you will be losing money. What am I missing here?

2:42 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Well..

3:29 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Well.. I know the 75% ROI is the net amount I am making, so I win 75% of the games (1st, 2nd or 3rd) and for every dollar I put in I get 1.75.

Now I agree with you if my win percentage was lower.. but right now lets say I play 3 games, take 3 3rd and 1 out of the money finish. So if I am playing 20/2 I have invested 88 bucks and returned 120. Not great. However it is acceptable. If I score a first place or second in there then I make more.

On the opposite side lets say I play four games and I am determined to make first or nothing!! So I win one game and lose three. I invested the same $88 but I only made $100 so I am up $12. I would rather take the $32.

3:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out this thread. Aequitas is a very good player. He explains what you need to keep track of in order to determine your success rate at SNG's. He's the third reply down. Enjoy.

http://talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3151

ChiefBigtoke

7:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home